Thai Hill Tribe Silver
97% Pure Silver
Pretty Five Point Flower Charms
Set Of 6 Charm Beads
- Each of these little flowers is a unique handcrafted wonderful 3-dimensional sculpture in 97% pure silver.
- The surface has a gently antiqued finish. These look like fun little vintage items, yet fit right in with the fashion for high impact, unique and beautiful necklaces.
- Add one to a charm bracelet, or use them all on one flowery necklace, bracelet or anklet.
- Mix and match these downward-hanging precious blossoms with our Hill Tribe medium flower pendants, leaf pendants, rose pendants or feather shaped pendants.
- Can be hung from a chain using jump rings, or strung directly on a beaded necklace.
- You can also get nice effects by stringing just 2 or three right next to each other - they will hang front and back of each other like little flower 'bells'.
- Measurements: Approximately 10mm in hanging length (including the soldered on ring), and 9mm wide across the widest part of the flower.
- Quantity: 6 Hill Tribe Silver Flower Charms.
ABOUT THE HILL TRIBES OF THAILAND:
There are many semi-nomadic Hill Tribes that live in the highlands of northen Thailand, some of them roaming freely back and forth across the borders of Burma and Laos. Their way of life has changed little in almost 2,000 years. The hill tribe people regard silver as currency and an indication of wealth and status of the family of the wearer. Jewelry is normally made from silver, most melted down from Indian and Burmese silver coins. Hill tribe members, especially women, wear every item of silver they possess, all the time. Their profusion of ornaments may include heavy silver belts and bracelets, headdresses composed of silver coins, huge earrings, and necklaces hung with such useful implements as toothpicks, scissors, and tweezers, also made of silver. Silver also has a religious significance and is thought to protect the wearer against evil spirits. Great time and imagination is invested in the production of these articles within each family, as they represent status and express pride.