Vintaj® Natural Brass
1/4 Inch Nail Head Rivet
Quantity: 20 Rivets
- This nickel and lead-free item is made of a antique style brass.
- Rivet together pieces of metal, leather, plastic, and more to create multi-dimensional jewelry. You can rivet Vintaj charms, pendants, beads, flattened bead caps, hardware and findings to Vintaj Altered Blanks for a unique layered look.
- Measurements: Approximately 1/4 Inch Long (7mm). 3mm flat head. 1.6mm shaft (16 gauge).
- Quantity: 20 Rivets.
- Second photo shows an example project.
- Tips On Riveting:
- Drill or punch a 1.6mm hole into each of your pieces using a tool such as our Two Hole Metal Punch.
- If you prefer the look of a large rivet, string the nail head from the front of your design. For a small rivet string the nail head from the back.
- Turn over your piece and cut the straight end of rivet very short to approximately 1/16" above blank or metal piece. You can use a wire cutter such as our 4 Inch Jewelry Wire Cutting End Cutter Pliers for this.
- Use a Ball Peen or Chasing hammer to flatten the straight end of the rivet.
About Vintaj® 100% Natural Brass
Vintaj® natural brass pieces feature a rich, distinctive caramel brown color similar to vintage brass. The Vintaj® process is eco-friendly, enhancing the natural beauty of the brass. These products are not antique plated or chemically treated. They are nickel and lead-free.
Due to the careful, hand process used on each Vintaj® piece, every finding has its own unique color and luster. It is the subtle differences in color that give these findings such depth and dimension.