Liver Of Sulfur Gel
- Liver of Sulfur Patina gel is formulated for versatility and convenience.
- Stabilized patina gel's shelf life is many times that of dry liver of sulphur and is not degraded by light or air.
- Used to Patina metals such as silver, copper, bronze, or metal clay.
- Non-flammable and poses no dry inhalation hazard.
- INCOMPATIBLE WITH STRONG ACIDS OR ALCOHOLS.
- Stir before use for consistent results
- Adjust solution mixture ratio for desired effect and volume of solution.
- Gel may be used in its ready form by brushing.
Liver of Sulfur creates a rainbow to black oxidized patina on fine silver, sterling silver, copper bearing metals including brass, and bronze. Liver of Sulfur should be used very carefully. Patina Gel Liver of Sulfur emits a strong rotten egg odor when mixed into solution. The odor is not harmful as long as the solution is not boiled or burned, but it is wise to avoid breathing fumes of any kind. Work in a well ventilated area. Hasten the air exchange with an open window or exhaust fan. DO NOT BOIL OR BURN PATINA GEL OR THE PATINA GEL SOLUTION. Heating will emit sulfur dioxide, which is a poison when inhaled. See MSDS online for further safety precautions and always wear gloves and eye protection.