Dark Blue Goldstone Beads
Deep Midnight Blue With Gold Sparkle
6mm Round / 14.5 Inch Strand
- These blue goldstone beads have a very deep color, and may look nearly black at a first glance.
- Subtle glittering sparkle throughout, reminiscent of the night sky.
- Measurements: 6mm in diameter. Hole is less than 1mm in diameter, will accommodate stringing materials up to 20 gauge.
- Please note: Photo is close up to show detail
- Quantity: One 14.5 inch long strand, approximately 64-67 beads.
Often mistaken or misrepresented as a natural material, Goldstone is a type of synthetic glass made with copper or copper salts in the presence of a reducing flame. Copper ions meld into the glass silica and when the reduced goldstone melt cools, the copper remains in isolation and precipitates into small crystalline clusters. The finished product can take a smooth polish and be carved into beads, figurines, or other artifacts.