Nylon Jaw Pliers
- These pliers are perfect for wire working for 2 reasons:
- MANIPULATING WIRE - These pliers won't scratch or dent wire. Perfect for colored craft wire - now you won't damage the colored finish! And you know what these pliers are really great for? For straightening out our little mistakes in our precious metal wire, and salvaging more of our valuable materials.
- HARDENING WIRE - I'd read about it, but I didn't believe it until I tried it. But it's true! If you have created a flat design out of soft sterling wire (like a catch, an earring hook, a decorative squiggle, a celtic knot...) or if you have just closed a soft sterling jump ring - squeeze down on your item between the nylon jaws. Voila! Your sterling item is now harder, and less flexible! Your catches will hold, and your jumprings will stay closed. It's a beautiful thing. Apparently, it has something to do with squashing the alignment of the minute crystals in the silver's molecular structure so that they 'catch' on one another, instead of sliding around. This makes the silver less flexible.
- Color of handle may vary (currently they're navy blue!).
- Measurements: Pliers are 4.5 inches long, tips are 4mm wide X 3mm thick at the narrowest point. Sturdy box joint construction. Leaf spring.
- NOTE: These pliers are intended for beading and other fine hobby work. Not recommended for heavy duty applications such as automotive, home improvement, or maritime use.