Dark Blue Goldstone
4mm Faceted Round
15.5 Inch Strand
- These blue goldstone beads have a very deep color, and may look nearly black at a first glance.
- Subtle glittering sparkle throughout, reminiscent of the night sky.
- These beads have been faceted on all sides. This makes them extra sparkly and shimmery.
- Try pairing with gold or silver for a unique necklace or bracelet.
- Measurements: 4mm along string and 4mm in diameter. Hole is less than 1mm in diameter, will accommodate stringing materials up to 22 gauge.
- Quantity: One 15.5 Inch Strand (approximately 100+ beads per strand)
Often mistaken or misrepresented as a natural material, Goldstone is a type of synthetic glass made with copper or copper salts in the presence of a reducing flame. Copper ions meld into the glass silica and when the reduced goldstone melt cools, the copper remains in isolation and precipitates into small crystalline clusters. The finished product can take a smooth polish and be carved into beads, figurines, or other artifacts.