2-Piece Chain Drawplate Set
33 Holes Ranging From 1.5-14.5mm
Smooth, Shape Harden And Lengthen Chain
- Drawing wire chain through a drawplate can simultaneously smooth, shape, condense, work-harden, and lengthen it without damaging the wire finish.
- Useful for knitted, crocheted, woven, or braided wire chain made from gold, silver, copper, permanently colored copper wire and flexible beading wire.
- Instructions For Use:
- 1) Determine which hole most closely matches the current diameter of your chain. TIP: IF your chain is much larger than the largest hole, you may want to carefully hand stretch it just until it's slightly larger.
- 2) Form the starter wire end of your chain into a slightly conical shape and insert it into the selected hole, then grip the end with flat or chain nose pliers.
- 3) While holding the drawplate in one hand (or in a vise), use the pliers to pull the whole chain through the plate with a smooth and steady motion. Repeat as needed to smooth and round your chain.
- 4) To REDUCE the diameter, continue to draw your chain through consecutively smaller holes until you reach the desired size. You may need to draw through each hole repeatedly for optimal results. As the diameter decreases, the length will increase. After drawing, the chain fingers to loosen the weave.
- Measurements: 33 holes ranging from 1.5-14.5mm in diameter
- Quantity: 2 drawplates in each set.