Genuine Opal Chips
Pale Pink And Cream Colors
Natural Rough Chip Shapes 1-3mm Long x 5-8mm Wide
15.5 Inch Strand
- Genuine Opal Chips at a great price!
- Intermittent flashes of iridescence shine on pale pink and cream stones.
- Natural chips shapes include rough edges for added dimension.
- Size: Chips range in length (along string) from 1-3mm and 5-8mm in width.
- Hole is less than 1mm in diameter. Temporarily strung on silk, we recommend our Size 2 Griffin Silk for stringing, or use .010 Soft Flex.
- You will receive one 15.5 Inch strand.
Opals play of color, flashing and sparkling cannot be matched by any stone. Opal is made up of silica. Opal contains 6 to 10 percent water, therefore direct exposure to sunlight or heat can crack or deform opal. Opal was treasured in the Middle Ages and was called "ophthalmios" or eye stone, due to a widespread belief that it was beneficial to eyesight. Ancient opal came from the mines near Cervenica, Hungry, in what is now Eastern Slovakia. Opal is the birthstone of October.