Genuine Red And Orange Fire Opal Chips
15.5 Inch Strand
Sized 2-4mm x 6-8mm
- Translucent yellow, red, orange, and clear stone with some touches of creamy white and some black/brown matrix.
- This is genuine fire opal, not glass nor any other imitation.
- Measurements: 2-5mm long (along string), 6-8mm wide.
- Holes are less than 1mm in diameter.
- You will receive one 15.5 inch strand.
Opal contains 6 to 10 percent water, therefore direct exposure to sunlight or heat can crack or deform opal. Mexico and the state of Oregon in the United States produce volcanic opal called fire opal. Fire opal is transparent opal ranging in color from colorless to yellow, orange and red. Sometimes it also shows play of color in addition to its bright orange body color. Opal is the birthstone of October.