Glazed Clay Pendant
Disc Shaped With Sleeping Cat
- This lovely clay pendant from Golem Studio has a disc shape and features a sleeping cat design.
- Front of pendant has a design, back is stamped golem.
- Pendant is made from white stoneware clay. Each pendant is hand shaped and fired at 900 degrees. Then the intricate folk art inspired patterns are applied by hand, before a final firing sets the glazes in their colors.
- Note: Pendants are handmade so each may differ slightly. (Limited Quantities Available).
- Measurements: 39mm diameter, and 7.7mm thick. Hole has an inner diameter of 2.2mm.
- Quantity: 1 Pendant
Legend Of The Golem
According to legend the Golem was an artificial clay man, made by the Rabbi Yehuda Leow Bezalel in the sixteenth century. This clay man was a servant to his creator until one day he suddenly stopped being obedient to his master. He became a rebel and devastated half of the town of Prague, which was at that time, the capital of the Bohemian or Moravian kingdom (currently the capital of the Czech Republic).