Beautiful Carved Red Cinnabar Pendant Bead
Made In China
28X23mm Vase Shape
- A sweet, smaller sized carved Chinese pendant. Use as a striking centerpiece of a necklace.
- Sweet carving of butterflies.
- Carving is featured on both sides of bead.
- Lightweight enough for larger earrings.
- All modern Cinnabar is either a polymer resin coating on wood, or solid resin. Our Cinnabar is solid resin. Please see our notes at bottom of listing for the full story.
- Measurements: 28-29mm long, 23mm wide, 10mm thick. Drilled from top to bottom as shown in photo. Hole is approximately 1.8mm in diameter.
- Drilled from top to bottom as shown in photo. No two pendants exactly alike in color or size. All measurements approximate, may vary by 1-2 millimeters.
- One Cinnabar Vase shaped focal pendant.
Cinnabar was developed in China and was originally composed of highly toxic Red Mercury Sulfide, used in lacquerware to give wood a red coating. True Cinnabar can no longer be made because it is extremely dangerous. In the modern jewelry industry, the toxic pigment is replaced by a resin-based polymer that approximates the appearance of pigmented lacquer. This is sometimes called "imitation" cinnabar, but it is actually the only cinnabar you will find on the market today.