» Designer Spotlight: Julie Bean
Designer Spotlight: Julie Bean
Julie Bean is an artist and jewelry designer living in Los Angeles specializing in mixed media designs, resin, bead embroidery, and bead-weaving. She has taught numerous classes, been published in various magazines, and has recorded over 150 YouTube instructional beading videos. She is the senior designer at Beadaholique, creating hundreds of beading projects complete with detailed instructions. She also creates designs for her own vintage-inspired line Blue Pig Design House. When not crafting and creating, Julie loves spending time with her husband and friends, traveling, cooking, and wandering antique markets.
Julie's Favorite Projects
Julie's Favorite Videos
Julie's Favorite Products
Click here to see more of Julie's favorites!
Julie's Favorite Styles:
Art Deco, Art Nouveau, Steampunk
Julie's Favorite Techniques:
Anything involving Mixed Media and Resin, Bead Weaving, and Bead Embroidery.
Five Interesting Facts About Julie:
- Before designing jewelry, I made dollhouse miniatures and sold them wholesale to hundreds of stores.
- My favorite place is Paris, France (specifically the flea markets of Paris).
- I live in a renovated firehouse from 1905.
- I was married on my grandmother’s porch, an X-Box 360 game controller was our “ring pillow”, I converted a handmade lace curtain from the 1800’s into my bridal veil, we had 5 plastic goats as our cake topper (Brett jokingly told my parents that my dowry was 5 goats when we got engaged), and once we were pronounced husband and wife, I had Brett’s childhood best friend play John William’s “Throne Room” theme song from Star Wars.
- I LOVE to eat and thought it would impress my husband if I ate an entire large pizza by myself on our first date. Not quite sure what I was thinking but I did it.