» Designer Spotlight: Megan Milliken
Designer Spotlight: Megan Milliken
Megan Milliken has been crafty her whole life, which led her to beading and jewelry design about 15 years ago. Since that time, she has created jewelry in many different mediums, using every technique she could discover and experiment with. Her style is feminine and contemporary, with flashes of vintage flair. She also designs clothing and accessories and studied fashion at Parsons, The New School for Design. Megan is a jewelry designer on staff at Beadaholique, where she creates jewelry and both written and video jewelry-making tutorials, and she also designs for her personal jewelry line, MaeMae Mills. Megan has taught jewelry-making techniques, knitting & crochet, and sewing to numerous private clients.
Megan's Favorite Projects
Megan's Favorite Videos
Megan's Favorite Products
Click here to see more of Megan's favorites!
Megan's Favorite Styles:
Art Deco, Mid-Century Modern, and Kawaii
Megan's Favorite Techniques:
Bead weaving, working with polymer clay, and incorporating textiles into jewelry design.
Interesting (Sort Of) Facts About Megan:
- I love everything that comes in a pink version, especially if it has sparkles.
- I moved to Hawaii, Texas, and New York without ever having been to any of those states before I moved there. Happily, I have since returned to California.
- Disneyland is my favorite place, hands down. My husband and I spent our wedding night at the Disneyland Hotel - where we got upgraded to The Pirates of the Caribbean Suite, which was unbelievably cool.
- I watch mostly cartoons, and read mostly young adult science fiction/fantasy. I'm pretty much a five year old in an adult body.
- I have a sweet tooth that would put Mary See to shame - no seriously. I often bake just so I can eat cookies.